This guitar is part of the inventory in Mark Knopflers British Grove studio in London.
It makes us extremely proud to know that it is being played and enjoyed by some of the finest musicians in the world. Here is how Guy Flecher describes the guitar on his forum:
Hi, Guy! I recently read an interview on the web with a Norwegian guitar maker called Øystein Husemoen. He makes guitars out of Norwegian wood, and apperently he delivered a guitar from the Norwegian Wood series to Mark last year. Can you give any info on this? Is it possible that we will hear this guitar on the upcoming album? Thanks for your time! Jarle
Yes, it's a beautiful guitar. I have been using it on my next album. It's very well built and sounds delightful and it is a joy to play. One of those instruments that is difficult to put down. I will offer some photo's soon.
- Model: NWS T-style
- Body Wood: Aspen with a flamed maple top
- Body Features: F-hole and cream binding, Ergonomically shaped with a ST-style elbow- and bellycut and a narrow neck joint.
- Bridge: Hardtail
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Walnut
- Neck Features: Compound 9,5" - 12" radius, Tilted fretboard.
- Scale: 648 mm (25,5")
- Frets: 22 frets
- Fretmarkers: Pearl dots
- Tuners: Kluson-style
- Pickups: Edmire NWS SC/SC/SC
- Electronics: Volume / Tone, 3-way switch
- Finish: 3-Tone sunburst, Dark back