This is the third acoustic guitar we have made for the brilliant Norwegian artist Jarle Bernhoft.
Exept for some finishing details it is made quite similar to his first guitar.
Anyone that have seen Jarle perform live will know that he uses his guitars to their maximum potential. To be able to withstand being used as a drum we have made the same reinforced laminated back as on his first guitar. The most common soloution would be to laminate three layers of wood with one layer of thin veneer glued to either side of a thicker core. This creates a stiff and not very resonant back. What we did was to make the back as we normally would, only a bit thinner. Then we glued two layers of 0,6 mm veneer on the inside of the back only. This significantly reduces the risk of cracking, but at the same time preserves most of the flexibility and resonance of the back. Here you can see Bernhoft using the Basstard to rock the house on the Conan O`Brien show..
- Model: NWS Acoustic
- Top: Røyrvik Spruce
- Back and sides: Flamed Birch
- Body Features: Cream binding
- Bridge: Walnut with bone sadle
- Neck Wood: Flamed Birch with a walnut center stripe
- Fretboard Wood: Walnut, cream binding
- Neck Features: Compound 9,5" - 12" radius, Tilted fretboard, Walnut headstock veneer with cream binding
- Scale: 648 mm (25,5")
- Frets: 20 frets, Medium
- Fretmarkers: Black glasses at the 12. fret
- Tuners: Waverly
- Pickups: K&K Trinity
- Electronics: Volume / tone on the inside of the soundhole
- Finish: 3-tone sunburst